U.S. News & World Report recently ranked Kingston Elementary and Old Donation School as the No. 1 elementary and middle schools in Virginia. Old Donation School, which has students in grades two through eight and is the home of the Edward E. Brickell Academy for Advanced Academics & Arts, was also ranked as the No. 2 elementary school in the state.
Goal of the Program
The goal of the Environmental Studies Program is to empower students in the program to broaden their understanding of sustainability through:
- Utilizing the natural community as a context for learning about environmental and sustainability issues
- Implementing environmental service learning projects
- Integrating interdisciplinary instruction
- Incorporating challenge based, collaborative and design thinking learning
- Earning the Board of Education's Seal for Excellence in Science and the Environment